Virtual musicians can live out their rock and roll fantasies by playing either a single instrument, or any combination of instruments, in addition to the full band experience.ESRB rating
||Lyrics, Mild Suggestive Themes
The first name in music instrument gaming returns with a Rock Band-esque focus on full band simulation, the ability for players to create their own music, and more than 80 new tracks in Guitar Hero: World Tour. For the first time in the series, wannabe rock stars can simulate singing and drumming in addition to the familiar strumming of guitar-shaped controllers, and with the addition of a bass guitar, up to four players can form a band and jam together. As with all titles in the Guitar Hero series, gamers must "play" their instruments by rhythmically matching onscreen prompts in order to earn high scores and unlock new songs. The singing mechanic resembles Karaoke Revolution and SingStar in that it requires vocalists to match the pitch and notes of each song, whereas drummers must be timely when depressing the kick drum and striking the proper combination of drum and cymbal pads.
A revamped single-player Career mode lets gamers advance their musician through a series of gigs by playing a specific number of songs, with the option to change difficulty level or instrument at any time. The Band Career mode works in a similar fashion, offering up to four players the opportunity to advance through a full career, with the Battle of the Bands mode letting two groups duke it out online. Boss Battles also return in a form more akin to previous Face-Off modes, and they no longer feature the attack power-ups used in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. Gamers can use the new "Create-a-Rocker" feature to customize the posture, age, hair, makeup, and tattoos of their unique characters, and real-life rock legends such as Ozzy Osbourne, Jim Hendrix, and Ted Nugent are also playable.
The song list spans several decades and is made up of a diverse selection of master recordings by artists such as: 311, the Allman Brothers Band, the Beastie Boys, Billy Idol, Blondie, Coldplay, the Cult, the Doors, the Eagles, the Foo Fighters, Jane's Addiction, Jimi Hendrix, Korn, Linkin Park, Los Lobos, Metallica, Michael Jackson, Modest Mouse, Motorhead, Nirvana, No Doubt, NOFX, Oasis, Ozzy Osbourne, Pat Benetar, R.E.M, the Sex Pistols, Steely Dan, Sting, the Stone Roses, Sublime, Tool, Van Halen, and Willie Nelson. In addition, players can create their own songs in the Advanced Studio mode by playing tracks for each instrument in either real or slowed time. Songs can be either 1,200 notes long or three minutes in length, but vocal recording is unavailable due to storage issues. Players can then upload their songs to an online service where other gamers can rate and download each original creation.
Other releases of this product
There are other releases of this game: click here
to see them all.Editorial review
Special featuresRock out to more than 80 classic songs from some of music's biggest artists
Source: AmazonStart a Band...the Guitar Hero Way Guitar Hero World Tour
transforms music gaming by expanding Guitar Hero's
signature guitar gameplay into a cooperative band experience that combines advanced wireless instruments with online and offline gameplay modes including online Band Career and 8-player "Battle of the Bands," which allows two full bands to compete head-to-head online. The game features a slick redesigned guitar as well as a Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit and share their own rock â€˜nâ€™ roll anthems. *Note: The drum kit controller and microphone are sold seperately.
New to GHWT
is a redesigned, more responsive guitar controller, which features a touch-sensitive slide bar on the neck that allows the player to play through certain song passages without needing to strum.
Be the Next Great Songwriter
Music Studio lets players express their musical creativity by giving them access to a full complement of tools to create digital music from scratch utilizing the guitar controller and drum kit. Players can create their tracks and then play them in-game or share the recordings with the entire Guitar Hero
community through GHTunes
allows other gamers from around the world to download and play the community's original tracks. Available to Xbox 360 gamers is Line 6's guitar tone technology, enabling them to use amps, cabs, and effects from the Line 6 POD
Create the Band
Budding rock stars can live out their rock â€˜nâ€™ roll fantasies by playing either a single instrument or any combination of instruments, in addition to the full band experience. When rocking as part of a band, up to four players can jam together in quickplay or as they progress through a career. Both band and single-player careers feature non-linear progression giving artists the option to change difficulty and instruments with a variety of different gigs available at any time.
Never Jam Solo Again
Virtual musicians in need of band mates can take their careers online forming worldwide ensembles so no rock star ever has to play a gig solo. Plus, GHWT
adds a "Battle of the Bands" modes, which allows eight players to join online and challenge each other band-to-band to establish global supremacy.
The character creator allows gamers to create a rock star with style as unique as their own. Absolute customization from the clothes, to the facial and body structure, to the tattoos and accessories, players are encouraged to unleash their inner rock legend. The Rock Star Creator doesn't just allow players to build the ultimate rock god; the in-depth creators include the ability to customize guitars, drums and microphones. Adding yet another layer of personalization, gamers can create custom logos for their instruments, band, or album covers.
A Set List for the Ages
The Guitar Hero World Tour
set list is comprised entirely of master recordings from some of the greatest artists of all-time including Van Halen, Linkin Park, The Eagles, and Sublime. There are over 85 tracks, plus frequent downloadable singles and track packs. In addition to the killer track list, the game will feature rock icons such as Hayley Williams of Paramore and Travis Barker of +44 and blink-182. The Full Set List
- 311 - "Beautiful Disaster"
- 30 Seconds To Mars - "The Kill"
- Airbourne - "Too Much Too Young"
- The Allman Brothers Band - "Ramblin' Man"
- Anouk - "Good God"
- The Answer - "Never Too Late"
- At The Drive-In - "One Armed Scissor"
- Beastie Boys - "No Sleep Till Brooklyn"
- Beatsteaks - "Hail to the Freaks"
- Billy Idol - "Rebel Yell"
- Black Label Society - "Stillborn"
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - "Weapon of Choice"
- blink-182 - "Dammit"
- Blondie - "One Way or Another"
- Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - "Hollywood Nights"
- Bon Jovi - "Livin' On A Prayer"
- Bullet For My Valentine - "Scream Aim Fire"
- Coldplay - "Shiver"
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Up Around The Bend"
- The Cult - "Love Removal Machine"
- Dinosaur Jr. - "Feel The Pain"
- The Doors - "Love Me Two Times"
- Dream Theater - "Pull Me Under"
- The Eagles - "Hotel California"
- The Enemy - "Aggro"
- Filter - "Hey Man, Nice Shot"
- Fleetwood Mac - "Go Your Own Way"
- Foo Fighters - "Everlong"
- The Guess Who - "American Woman"
- Hush Puppies - "You're Gonna Say Yeah!"
- Interpol - "Obstacle 1"
- Jane's Addiction - "Mountain Song"
- Jimi Hendrix - "Purple Haze (Live)"
- Jimi Hendrix - "The Wind Cries Mary"
- Jimmy Eat World - "The Middle"
- Joe Satriani - "Satch Boogie"
- Kent - "Vinternoll2"
- Korn - "Freak On A Leash"
- Lacuna Coil - "Our Truth"
- Lenny Kravitz - "Are You Gonna Go My Way"
- Linkin Park - "What I've Done"
- The Living End - "Prisoner of Society"
- Los Lobos - "La Bamba"
- Lost Prophets - "Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)"
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Sweet Home Alabama (Live)"
- Mars Volta - "L'Via L'Viaquez"
- MC5's Wayne Kramer - "Kick Out The Jams"
- Metallica - "Trapped Under Ice"
- Michael Jackson - "Beat It"
- Modest Mouse - "Float On"
- Motorhead - "Overkill"
- Muse - "Assassin"
- Negramaro - "Nuvole e Lenzuola"
- Nirvana - "About a Girl (Unplugged)"
- No Doubt - "Spiderwebs"
- NOFX - "Soul Doubt"
- Oasis - "Some Might Say"
- Ozzy Osbourne - "Crazy Train"
- Ozzy Osbourne - "Mr. Crowley"
- Paramore - "Misery Business"
- Pat Benatar - "Heartbreaker"
- R.E.M. - "The One I Love"
- Radio Futura - "Escuela De Calor"
- Rise Against - "Re-Education Through Labor"
- Sex Pistols - "Pretty Vacant"
- Silversun Pickups - "Lazy Eye"
- Smashing Pumpkins - "Today"
- Steely Dan - "Do It Again"
- Steve Miller Band - "The Joker"
- Sting - "Demolition Man (Live)"
- The Stone Roses - "Love Spreads"
- Stuck In The Sound - "Toy Boy"
- Sublime - "Santeria"
- Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"
- System of a Down - "B.Y.O.B."
- Ted Nugent - "Stranglehold"
- Ted Nugent's Original Guitar Duel Recording
- Tokio Hotel - "Monsoon"
- Tool - "Parabola"
- Tool - "Schism"
- Tool - "Vicarious"
- Trust - "Antisocial"
- Van Halen - "Hot For Teacher"
- Willie Nelson - "On The Road Again"
- Wings - "Band on the Run"
- Zakk Wylde's Original Guitar Duel Recording
Design a character and become a guitar player, a drummer, or a singer
Create and share original songs in the new Advanced Studio mode