When one man is not enough, it will take an army of two to fight through war and a conspiracy so vast it threatens the entire world.ESRB rating
||Blood, Intense Violence, Strong Language
Two former U.S. Army Rangers, Elliot Salem and Tyson Rios, have turned to the lucrative yet deadly business of mercenary work in EA's Army of Two. As hired guns for a private military corporation, players must utilize teamwork and tactics to survive while behind enemy lines. In addition to traditional co-op moves such as providing cover fire or lifting up a partner to reach higher ground, players will throw guns or ammo clips to their partner, administer first aid, and even link body armor together for defensive maneuvers. The cooperative element is further enhanced with the shared "aggro meter," allowing more aggressive players to attract the enemy's focus or "hate" while the other is free to perform support maneuvers. Dozens of weapons can be customized, enhanced, and shared, from attachments such as laser scopes and silencers to detailing like chrome and gold plating.
Army of Two features multiple international locales, including China, Somalia, and even Miami. Vehicles such as jeeps, tanks, and hovercrafts are also available throughout each mission, with one mercenary driving and the other shooting. Solo players can issue voice commands directly to their AI-controlled teammate via headset. Teammates can be ordered to advance, hold position, regroup, and more, with both aggressive and defensive stances available as well. Online support is included for both cooperative play and for multiplayer-specific games. The latter supports four players (two teams of two) in competitive matches that involve eliminating terrorists, rescuing hostages, or destroying specific items. The goal is to complete the objective before the rival team, earning cash along the way to spend on both weapon and armor upgrades.
Other releases of this product
There are other releases of this game: click here
to see them all.Editorial review
Special featuresEngage in cooperative play with the computer AI or a friend
When One Man Is Not Enough?
It will take an Army of Two to stop the corruption of rogue private military corporations. Fight along side your team-mate to become the deadliest two-man military outfit a government can buy. The breakthrough gameplay in Army of Two
, with a live or adaptive AI partner, enables you to take advantage of two-man strategies like customizable weapons, vehicles, and tactical shooting. If you?re going to survive, you?ll have to bring down a vast conspiracy in which the line between ?good guys? and ?bad guys? has been obliterated.
- Two-Man Gameplay?Co-op is no longer a mode, it?s the game. Team up with a live or AI partner on two-man missions using two-man tactics to ultimately create an advantage that no enemy can withstand.
- Partner AI?Army of Two delivers intelligent partner AI (PAI) that interacts with, adapts to, collaborates with, and learns from its human partner. The PAI also reacts and adjusts to your ability and how you play the game by taking the lead or following, driving strategy or taking orders. It is the dream of the human machine.
- Customizable Weapons?Personalize and upgrade dozens of deadly weapons and share them with your partner off- or online.
- Dynamic Environments?EA?s Montreal studio pulled out all the stops to deliver realistic character and environmental effects including fluid dynamics that showcase open-ocean water-wave simulation as well as High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting.
- Contemporary Storyline Ripped from the Headlines?Army of Two draws you in with a captivating, politically charged storyline, centering on the impact and ethical issues of private military corporations.
- Online Gameplay?Army of Two redefines two-man online gameplay as you progress through the game seamlessly moving between PAI and live players.
Manage the "aggro meter" to take the heat off your partner
Features online support for up to four players in team-oriented missions